Friday, April 5, 2013

SPRING  SNOW
A Poem by Gaia



Or you can watch this video on YouTube and share it here: Spring Snow by Gaia
Music of "Te Amo" by Armand Amar

I was out for a walk the other day, and presence just befell upon me. I was grateful to have my phone so I could record the expression that wanted to flow through. I felt compelled to turn it into a video of Love I have for God, myself, my children, nature, et al. I'm still learning the old imovie program, but whatever feels to move through, I feel to go with the flow.

Surpassing the continual wave of feelings of I'm not good enough, I move to the place within myself that says I'm going to explore this anyway, even if it is only me who appreciates it, that is good enough. Gee Jack, that's Handy.

InJoy, and if there is anyone reading this I would love to see what you have created!

Namaste,
Gaia El



Spring Snow

The days grow longer as winter turns to spring. On my travels, out for a walk, I soak up the sun, its warmth beating down on my shoulders, on the soft white skin of my beautiful goddess body. I breath in the smell of the freshly uncovered grass, the springs of water trickling through the mud. Along my walk I discover patches of snow that have not yet melted. I stop for a moment, walk over to a patch of snow, gently uncovering the top layers of the snow, I reach in to the clean, crisp, cold texture of the last remaining snow of the spring. Grabbing a handful, I squeeze it together making it a ball, its cold ice tingling all the nerves in my hands. I put the ice ball to my mouth, my tongue can taste the freshness. Ahhhh, fresh coolness of the snow. There is a distinct flavor that comes to me, reminding me of my childhood of going out as a little child, spending hours and hours and hours in the snow, playing, shoveling, creating snow structures, snowmen, submarines, eating icicles. The taste of the snow takes me to the heart of my inner child. Puts a smile on my face, it stops everything that I am doing and keeps me present in this moment. With that warm sun on my face, and the cool snow in my mouth, the crisp air to breath, I feel God. I feel Creation, Nature in this place in my body, nurturing my soul, slowing me down, bringing me into peace. Ahhhhhh yeah, mmmmm..... I find the quiet within as the birds sing around me, as the dogs run around and bark, wagging their tails, as the children explore the mud in the streams, I find this sovereign place of quiet. And though I am moving, I am so very still. So very still. Ahhhhh... gratitude. I return home once more. Mmmmmmm..... Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment