Sunday, May 5, 2013

Time is on my side





Ever find yourself with an abundance of time on your hands? I do, all the time.
I am riddled with choices. 

Okay, it's 10 pm, I could:
- go to sleep
- watch a movie
- hug my children
- stare into space
- sit in a bath or hot tub
- pray, meditate, yoga
- I could eat some dessert
- do my homework
- paint, create art
- write a poem or book

- pick my nose

- stretch

- masturbate
- send an email
- play on the internet
- write a letter
- listen to myself fart and appreciate how good the release feels
- OR.......



Choices, all of these. And none of them are wrong. Or right. I don't stress anymore about not having enough time to do everything, as I realize that it does not matter what I do or don't do. I no longer feel the burden of finishing the infinite to-do list of stuff I've created in my life. I clearly see the time in the moment, and check in, feeling what action (or non-action) feels right to take next. While I could multitask, I like to make sure I am present, giving myself fully to what I am doing. 

In doing so, even though I seemingly have 100 different projects started, I find I can only give myself to the one project that calls to me in inspiration at a time. I'll be inspired to paint, and spend hours painting, then not paint for a few weeks. Or write, or photograph, or... anything else. I choose to spend my time playing in whatever form of inspiration flows through, and it feels like my days are long and I have so much time on my hands, no stress, not in overwhelm, just a lot of peace. Everything eventually gets done if it's meant to, and falls away without attachment if it's not meant to be finished. 

However, I do pray a lot during whatever activity, even when the prayer is a simple acknowledgment to God, or giving gratitude for whatever is moving through. Like writing this, I can feel His breath move through me. Because I consciously ask for it. I am grateful for it. I am open to receive it. And I want to share it! I allow myself time to stop and take a breath whenever I need one. More and more I grow consistent with this habit, more and more love, bliss and joy I feel in my body, my soul. 

Even when I am in an emotion that is frustrating or painful, I am grateful, for I know and have experienced this burning through the veils and layers to come back into the truth. How could I Not be thankful for this? How could I not give this magnificent Glory to God? 

And in this, whatever I choose to spend my time doing has my prayer, the essence of our Creator within it, so anything I spend my time doing is always perfect.  

Namaste





EXTACY



Opium den

Surrounds me
I'm enthralled
With lust

Naked bodies
Dance in the night
Merging with each other
Not one beginning or end

Taken into the grips
Of the Silver Dragon
Penetrated
Shaft of light fills me

Cold stainless steel
Then silver metal
Nickel, Titanium
Platinum

Thrilled with powerlessness
Unable to move
Save for the writhing
Organic lust dance

Taste me
I long to feel you in me
Serenaded with your smiles
The promise of your heart

I care not
But to be
Fully devoured
In this moment

Sticky sweet
This exotic lust
I open myself to you
So that I may feel again

Gaia El Aon
June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment