Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rest

 
Day 79 ~ 12/18/10

Today was a great day for not doing much. A steady rain and mushy snow fell about all day and night. Getting up late and napping a couple of times throughout the day is the rest my body is wanting right now. It has been nice to not have internet service and be even more unplugged from the daily distractions. More time spent with the kids as Dakar works, just feeling really peaceful. Peaceful, tired and grounded, with continual fresh doses of humility and gratitude for all of the little things, the moments that allow me to look at eyes and really understand that it just is, no matter what.

I’ve just wanted to stay up late when the house is quiet, everyone is sleeping and I can write, make pictures and be creative. Even though I am tired, I just want to see what creates through me.

All of the preparations and constant work over the past couple months have opened up the space for me to just take a break and not worry about anything. The feelings of being and little stuff that comes to the surface to take a look at feels VERY familiar. It’s like I know what is going on even though I don’t. Just in full and complete trust that all is well. I feel like I don’t even have to continue journaling or writing this blog…but I am curious to see where I go next, and the process of writing about it has helped me to dig and observe deeper within, so of course I will continue!

We watched the Blues Brothers movie tonight and it’s always great to revisit something from a different perspective. I love the way that they just rolled with the flow, even the buildings blowing up around them, they just get up and brush themselves off, leaving it be to what is! I know its just a movie, but it’s fun to be light sometimes, still seeing and living life in all ways.

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment