Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love and WE

 
Day 37 ~ 11/6/10

This is my Message from God on this day (via Facebook):

On this day of your life, Gaiel, we believe God wants you to know... that contentment comes from unconditional love.
When you love conditionally, you have to keep deciding if the other is worthy of your love. You can never let go of your guard enough to be content. Why not decide once and for all, and love once and for all. And be content.

I’m pretty sure that this Message from God is like a horoscope, and whatever gets said will ring true for some piece of me, making everything valid. But this one is a really great reminder that when I am accusing Dakar (or anyone else) of not holding unconditional love, I also need to be looking at myself, where am I not holding unconditional love? Where could I let go and “be content”? It’s kind of a slap in the face, thinking I am doing all kinds of work, I should be getting through on some things! But here we go again, and a whole new layer gets exposed. I feel like this is also part of my lesson to get to humility?

Everything in my life feels like it needs to be cleaned again. Part of me has prepared and just wants to settle in to winter, the wood is stacked, outside chores are almost finished (thanks Dakar!), etc. I have this ‘spring clean’ feeling within me though. My computer runs super slow, it needs to be defragged, cleaned and organized – throwing unnecessary files away; the house always seems to need cleaning – kids help keep it messy – piles of laundry, toys and stuff everywhere; 24 days of final cleaning for our leased space getting the rest of Dakar’s and my business and personal stuff out of there…we don’t have room for it here, so it’s all going away. Hooray! Just feeling like a good, thorough cleaning is upon me right now, so I am cleaning! My internal “seasons” don’t always seem to go with nature’s cycles, but sometimes there are nice, sunny days in the winter and cold, rainy days in the summer, so I guess I do flow a lot like nature does – nothing is predictable!!!

Kid’s quote of the day ~ Emily on West and East:
“Hey guess what? Guess what West and East spell. It spells WE – just push it together and its WE!”
Such simple yet profound insights from a 7 yr old. Are we really that different? If we were living as ONE we would no longer be an I, we would be WE.

Sometimes there is nothing more than peace being experienced during our Oon Rahum, such a deep, calm peace that takes me into the depths of slumber…not to wake again until the morning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment