Friday, November 12, 2010

Spirit of Tahoe Tessie


 
Day 41 ~ 11/10/10

This morning, we woke up to a light carpet of fresh snow on the remnants of autumn. I packed my cameras and after taking the kids to the bus stop, I drove along the Truckee River to see the spectacular sights that grace us every day, if one is to remember to look at and breathe in Mother Nature.


I ended up not feeling very inspired to take photographs along the river, but I was already driving south toward Tahoe City. I decided that I would just drive around the north shore of Lake Tahoe, it’s been a while since I’ve been there anyway, there might still be some fall foliage south of Northstar, I’ll check it out. Plus, I could get gas in Kings Beach on my way home, it’s cheaper in K.B. than in Truckee.


I ended up being called to stop in Tahoe City and take a couple pics of snow capped bicycles that were left out overnight, a bit longer down the road I pulled over and because the pathway to Common’s Beach was roped off and said Closed, I couldn’t stay off. About an hour later, I was back in my car, heading further south. But first, tons of photos and Ovary Breathing on C.B. This day, I felt like I could lead a group here as a combination photo shoot/class – meditation/honoring Gaia day course.


The second stop at Kings Beach I was honored with the presence of a dark and light river running from the mountains of Gaia into the amazing lake that is Tahoe. I sat on a group of rocks in the lake, running my Shakti Circuit and admiring the majestic clouds that screamed to me of their drama. I could feel Tahoe Tessie (Tahoe’s version of the Loch Ness Monster) swimming deep within her waters, feeling the activated crystals she was nurturing underneath. The union that is the feminine Lake Tahoe with the masculine Mt. Shasta…just feeling the drama – the grand play that is lived out through us in this reality.


The gratitude that comes with BEing outside, and BEing able to live here…for now. The expressions of creativity that comes through by living connections, dramatic textures and humility. My umbilical cord ~ where it was once attached at my belly button had this piercing pain, reminding me to pay attention to my connection to all things that are, where we’ve all come from and will return someday, the connection to the galactic center of all my cells to the entire universe, every expanding, ever creating…

Namaste,







No comments:

Post a Comment