Monday, December 27, 2010

Mercury in Retrograde

Mercury in Retrograde
 
Day 76 ~ 12/15/10

I don’t even know what that means, people talk about Mercury in Retrograde, and when it happens, it just seems like energies intensify, people are more scattered and distracted without knowing why. Does astrology and connecting with universal patterns really mean anything? Or do they only mean something because we place a meaning to them? If no one ever proposed that Mercury in retrograde equals disruptions, would we live our lives differently? Or would we still be affected, just not knowing why? Seems to matter less and less, except to maybe understand where someone is coming from.

I went in to have my tires changed over to studs (handles the snow and ice on the road better in winter conditions) and 4 out of the 7 or 8 people who were at the tire store all had come in with flat tires. My first thought was Mercury is in Retrograde!

The new snow carpeted our generous Mother with a fresh, crisp, clean gift of pure whiteness.  A bluebird day for skiing got me out of the house to take my first ski turns of the season. Though still tired, it was invigorating to be out in the cold weather, exercising my body, in gratitude for Gaia. I brought this softness I have been feeling with me as an extension of the soft fluffy snow. I absolutely LOVE Alpine Meadows! One can hike and hike further reaches of the mountain and continue to find fresh powder to ski all day, pretty much no matter when (well, after it snows). Allowing my body to be strong at its core, but soft and flexible made my turns flow much better, moving with the mountain, not resisting it. Ahhhhhh….. :~)

Alpine Meadows

Working on staying present with softness, feeling the pause and choice to blow up or not, I am gaining control over my reactions as they are not just blurting out unless I want them to. It’s like I can still yell or get upset about something, but it’s because I want to blow off steam, or I can settle into soft acceptance and not say a word because that is how I want to react. This is a fun game!

I notice my heart hurting, not in an “this hurts so bad” physical pain, but more a physical pain to get my attention. I feel like there are tendrils of energy stretching from my heart, reaching through my body with an ever expanding fire breath. The heat moves through me touching every cell of who I AM, and I just sit here and silently observe it, inviting it to burn away all that needs to go, trusting that all is in perfect order, even if I don’t know what is going on.

Re-watching the movie Avatar was a perfect ending to this day, watching the beauty of a community truly living in harmony with their mother. We have communities here on Earth who live this way too, it’s just not as common to see it as a part of every day life…yet. How do you live with your Earth mother? Will you honor her the best way you know how? Will you continue to seek for the purity of consciousness that is your gift to be received in this lifetime? Do you know that you are supported on your journey, no matter what it looks like?

“Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right.” ~ Henry Ford

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment