Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving



Day 56 ~ 11/25/10

Has it really been 10 years already? Seems like just yesterday I was giving birth to this 10lb 4oz boy, but it also feels like 100 years ago too! He came bounding into our bedroom this morning, and I wondered if he was just as excited to be born 10 yrs ago as he is excited to open up his presents today?

He loves Lego’s, and we let him open his gifts, celebrating all that he is. Grammie and his aunt both sent him Lego’s, and he had each set built within 20 minutes each. He builds and takes apart over and over, loving the construction and creative ideas. Though he builds working Lego guns a lot that shoots rubber bands and Lego pieces, they are truly genius! I have to give him credit for being such an amazing engineer!

A nice, restful day with the kids at home, truly being thankful for every moment I have with my family. It is also Thanksgiving, and I can feel the uplift in the air with people putting aside differences and judgments and truly giving thanks. I can also feel some people who are just pretending to do so, pretending to be authentic in their gratitude. It is not really gratitude if it is false, so why pretend?

My Message from God today reminded me to “slow down, be present so a brick doesn’t have to hit you in the head to get your attention.” Funny, because as I open up a window today, it came completely off its track, fell out of the window jam and hit me in the head! I am standing there with a window in my hands that just hit me in the head. Um, duh! I couldn’t help but laugh, take a breath and decide how I wanted to proceed with the day.

I re-evaluated some things that I was doing, taking my body for granted. With a bit of heartburn, I know it is not serving me to continue to eat the breads and cheeses I have been eating, more comfort foods that are making my body denser. This extends into my meditations and I can tell when I am just going through the motions and not giving 100%. Why would I waste my time?

Thanks window, for hitting me on the head!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment