Monday, October 11, 2010

Breath Of Air


 

 

Day 9 ~ 10/09/10


There’s a story that personal growth teachers like to tell their students. You may have heard this or similar versions before, it goes something like this:

There is a man (let’s call him John) who was taking a course from someone (let’s call him Wade) who had gained much success in his business. John sat in a course with a class of other students listening to Wade recount how he became successful. John was getting more and more excited by the minute, wanting to duplicate the success for himself that Wade had found.

After the class, John approached Wade with his eagerness to learn from a master. Wade asked John if he was 100% serious about learning.
“Oh yes!” says John, “Please teach me!”
“Meet me tomorrow at the beach at 7:00 a.m. and I will start your lessons.” Wade said.
So John met Wade at the beach the next morning.
“Follow me into the water.” Wade instructed John.
What? John was thinking this man is crazy! I show up in my freshly laundered business suit and this man wants me to walk into the water? John agrees to get wet, because after all, this man must know what he’s talking about.
John walks into the water up to his knees. “A little farther.” Wade says. John goes into the water up to his waist. “Keep coming!” Wade smiles as he coaxes John out farther. When the water gets up to John’s shoulders, Wade grabs John and pulls him under the water! John starts kicking and flailing his arms and Wade keeps him under water. John fights back more, thinking that this man is crazy! Just when he feels like he has no air left, Wade brings him back to the surface.
Gasping for air, John expresses his emotions to Wade…
Cutting him off, Wade says to John “When you want success as much as you wanted your next breath of air just now, only then are you ready to learn.”

I feel like I’m still in the water, sinking, with the last breath of air from this old world slowly escaping my lungs. I haven’t yet begun to need the next breath of air yet. I know in any moment this will change and I will be ready for my next breath of fresh air from a new world. As I lay here with my hands on my heart and my womb after my personal Yoni Gazing session, feeling the heat turning my hands to fire, I begin to desire wanting this next breath…more and more each day as I continue to die…the end is near to a new beginning.

“Nobody said it was easy
Nobody said it’d be so damn hard
I’m going back to the start”
~ Coldplay, Scientist

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment